Measuring your blood pressure at home and maintain a record of the steps will show you and your doctor how much your blood pressure differences during the day. This might sound a bit crazy to monitor your Blood pressure at home, and This can be possible with Blood pressure monitor. Your doctor can use your list of measurements to understand how well your medicine is working to control your high blood pressure. Also, testing your blood pressure is a fantastic approach to sharing in managing your health and understanding changes.
Tools to measure my blood pressure:
In order to check your blood pressure at home, you can use a digital monitor. This device shows your blood pressure and also saves your results for your future observations. Digital screens have either manual or automatic cuffs. The blood pressure reading flashes on a small screen.
What are the Benefits of a digital monitor?
As the digital monitor is automatic, it is the more modern blood-pressure measuring tool. The blood pressure test is simple to read because the numbers are displayed on a screen. Some electronic monitors further have a paper printout that gives you a story of the blood pressure reading.
The digital monitor is comfortable to work with than the aneroid unit. It’s a stethoscope and gauge in 1 unit, and the characters are simple to read. Additionally, it features an error note, and deflation is automatic. Extension of the cuff is both automatic or manual, depending on the model. The blood pressure monitoring machine is helpful for hearing-impaired patients since there’s absolutely no requirement to listen to heart sounds through the stethoscope.
- Features to look for in a blood pressure monitor:
The right cuff size is significant. Ask your physician or pharmacist to tell you the cuff size you require, based on the size of your arm. Blood pressure results will be incorrect if your cuff is the wrong measurement.
- The figures on the monitor should be comfortable for you to read.
If you are using a stethoscope, you must be able to hear heart sounds through it.
- Cost may be a major factor. Since home blood pressure units vary in value, you may have to buy around. The most valuable units might not be the best or the most accurate.
Steps to use a digital monitor.
1) Put the cuff on the arm. Turn the power on, and start the machine.
2) The cuff will stretch by itself with a push of a switch on the automatic models. On the semiautomatic designs, the cuff is inflated by squeezing the rubber bulb. After the cuff is inflated, the automatic mechanism will slowly reduce the cuff pressure.
3) See at the display window to check your blood pressure reading. The device will show your systolic and diastolic blood pressures on the screen. Note down your blood pressure, with the systolic pressure before the diastolic pressure (for example, 120/80).
4) Press the exhaust button to release all of the air from the cuff.
5) If you want to repeat the measurement, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before reinflating the cuff.